11 Feb 2020 First Databank
More than 4,000 GP practices in England are being better empowered to avoid hazardous prescribing, following a key enhancement to a prescribing decision support technology used widely across the country.
The University of Nottingham PRIMIS team and FDB have partnered to flag crucial national safety indicators to thousands of primary care professionals through the OptimiseRx prescribing software.
RINVOQ® ▼(upadacitinib) Granted EU Marketing Authorisation for the Treatment of Eligible Adults with Moderate to Severe Active Rheumatoid Arthritis18 Dec 2019 Abbvie Limited
RINVOQ® ▼(upadacitinib) Granted EU Marketing Authorisation for the Treatment of Eligible Adults with Moderate to Severe Active Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Marketing authorisation supported by data from the pivotal Phase 3 SELECT rheumatoid arthritis programme evaluating nearly 4,400 patients (1-5)
- In five pivotal Phase 3 studies, upadacitinib met all primary and ranked secondary endpoints across a variety of adult patient populations with moderate to severe active rheumatoid arthritis (1-5)
- Upadacitinib offered patients improved rates of clinical remission* or low disease activity** compared to treatment with placebo; methotrexate monotherapy; and adalimumab plus methotrexate (1-5)
- An estimated 400,000 people in the UK are living with rheumatoid arthritis, the majority of whom don’t achieve remission (6,7)
*assessed by DAS28-CRP<2.6 and CDAI≤2.8
**assessed by DAS28-CRP≤3.2
- Burmester GR, et al. Safety and efficacy of upadacitinib in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and inadequate response to conventional synthetic disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs (SELECT-NEXT): a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled phase 3 trial. Lancet. 2018 Jun 23;391(10139):2503-2512. doi: 10.1016/S0140-6736(18)31115-2. Epub 2018 Jun 13.
- Genovese MC, et al. Safety and efficacy of upadacitinib in patients with active rheumatoid arthritis refractory to biologic disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs (SELECT-BEYOND): a double-blind, randomised controlled phase 3 trial. Lancet. 2018 Jun 23;391(10139):2513-2524. doi: 10.1016/S0140-6736(18)31116-4. Epub 2018 Jun 13.
- Smolen JS, et al. Upadacitinib as monotherapy in patients with active rheumatoid arthritis and inadequate response to methotrexate (SELECT-MONOTHERAPY): a randomised, placebo-controlled, double-blind phase 3 study. Lancet. 2019. May 23. pii: S0140-6736(19)30419-2. doi: 10.1016/S0140-6736(19)30419-2. Epub 2019 May 23.
- Fleischmann R, et al. Upadacitinib versus Placebo or Adalimumab in Patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis and an Inadequate Response to Methotrexate: Results of a Phase III, Double‐Blind, Randomized Controlled Trial: Arthritis and Rheumatology. 2019. Jul 9; 71 (11):1788-1800
- van Vollenhoven R, et al. A Phase 3, Randomized, Controlled Trial Comparing Upadacitinib Monotherapy to MTX Monotherapy in MTX-Naïve Patients with Active Rheumatoid Arthritis. 2018 ACR/ARHP Annual Meeting; 891.
- NICE. Adalimumab, etanercept, infliximab, certolizumab pegol, golimumab, tocilizumab and abatacept for rheumatoid arthritis not previously treated with DMARDs or after conventional DMARDs only have failed (TA375). January 2016
- Bergstra SA et al. Inequity in access to bDMARD care and how it influences disease outcomes across countries worldwide: results from the METEOR-registryAnn Rheum Dis. 2018; 77:1413-1420
21 May 2018
The popular BOPA Introduction to Oncology course is back for 2018. This year we will be delivering the course in a one day format that is FREE to all BOPA members!!
Aimed at people new to oncology, the course will deliver sessions on key topics such as pharmaceutical care planning, oncological emergencies and much more.
- £100 Non Member
- Free for BOPA Members (Must provide proof of membership)
27 Apr 2018
Nova Laboratories is exhibiting at stand D10 at the Clinical Pharmacy Congress and helping busy hospital and community pharmacists eliminate risk and save time when prescribing specials.
26 Apr 2018
Safety and Traceability for Pharmacy Services
A clinical reference from Chief of Pharmacy of the University Hospital Vall d'Hebron, Barcelona, Spain.
The contribution of Lug Healthcare Technology has beeen cruical in achieving our strategic objectives ...to eliminate errors.
25 Apr 2018
Analytics Engines is proud to launch PRECISION for Pharmacy at Clinical Pharmacy Congress
NEW TECHNOLOGY REDUCES MEDICATION ERRORS AT NORTHUMBERLAND TYNE AND WEAR MENTAL HEALTH NHS FOUNDATION TRUST19 Apr 2018
“Safe and effective management of medication at Northumberland Tyne and Wear Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust is essential due to the complex medication regimes that our patients need for their ongoing care.
16 Apr 2018
WHS is pleased to announce the launch of its all new Wireless Temperature Monitoring solution Logicall Ice Cube.
This British designed and British manufactured system is the result of years of experience working with customers to find a system flexible enough to meet the needs of different users with different applications, whilst reducing the cost of ownership.
Reliability and Flexibility were the main criteria and the Logicall Ice Cube system has been designed with these in mind
Using tried and tested electronics and combining them with ground breaking new software this system offers users the ability to manage all of their assets in any location, or multiple locations via Cloud based software, or with a quick view mobile app.
Temperature/Humidity/Light/Door Ope/Door Close...... whatever parameter you want to measure, it can be measured. Static Fridges or Freezers, Cold rooms, Chillers, or even mobile units in Vans or Lorries, it can all be monitored using the same hardware and software.
Come and talk to us to see how much more we can offer you over the competition, and also how reasonably priced it is!
09 Apr 2018
Toshiba TEC understands the pressure healthcare organisations are under to manage costs and improve efficiencies, with customer care as the primary objective. Designed for easy integration into existing systems, the company’s range of innovative printing technology is already widely used in a diverse range of applications throughout the healthcare sector, with proven operational benefits. On stand D25, delegates will have the opportunity to get ‘hands-on’ and see for themselves how these printing solutions can directly improve measurable objectives.
Our team of experts will be available to answer any printing related questions and demonstrate how we can enhance the effectiveness of workflows, and make the day to day activities of pharmacy professionals easier and more productive
Cubic Pharmaceuticals has appointed Connect 2 Cleanrooms to create a cleanroom suite, for the manufacture of solid and liquid dose medicines.
The biggest problem in your cleanroom is you. Humans are a major source of contamination and this two-way problem of protecting product and wearer from each other now has a solution. Through extensive research Berendsen Cleanroom Services have an option to minimise the risk.
20 Mar 2018
Barts Health Pharmaceuticals (BHP) is at the forefront of shaping the future of pharmaceutical manufacturing education & training in the UK. They have led on the development of the first nationally recognised and accredited two year training programme for pharmacy manufacture. This takes the form of an apprenticeship called ‘Science Manufacturing Technician – Aseptic Pharmaceuticals’. The apprenticeship consists of three parts: a level 3 Knowledge Qualification, Level 3 Diploma in Pharmaceutical Science; a Vocational Competency Evaluation Log (VCEL), an End Assessment.
BHP with Skills for Health has developed a new knowledge qualification; Level 3 Diploma in The Principles of Aseptic Pharmaceuticals Processing to replace the Level 3 Diploma in Pharmaceutical Science. This is in the process of being approved by the Science Council.
Additionally, BHP has developed and delivers an accredited introductory seven day course aimed at skilling pharmaceutical manufacture employees with the knowledge and skills needed to prepare aseptic products. The course is taught at BHP’s London hospital facilities, delivered by industry professionals and skilled teachers and mixes knowledge with simulated cleanroom activities. Trainees who complete the course will be ready to be integrated into operational technical services teams.