This document outlines the requirements for submissions of abstracts for The Clinical Pharmacy Congress – we will accept submissions that have been presented in the last 12 months at other conferences should you feel you would gain further exposure at The Clinical Pharmacy Congress. Please note this on your entry.
It is essential that abstract submissions are set out accurately as they must follow these guidelines otherwise they may be rejected.
Examples of abstracts can be found online on third party websites such as the RPS, UKCPA and EAHP.
The abstract should contain:
- No more than 300 words - this doesn’t include the abstract title, authors names or references, these are on top of the 300 words
- One table or diagram or graph/chart. Data in the form of a table is preferred. Images are not accepted
- A maximum of five references
- A statement on whether ethics approval was required and/or obtained. For example, if the abstract describes an audit project, please state that ethics approval was not required because of this reason.
- Headings must be in Arial 12pt bold
- The name of the Author(s), name of organisation(s) and location
Spelling and grammar
- Errors in the text, including spelling and grammar will jeopardise the acceptance of a submission. Please proof-read it carefully.
- Abbreviations must be explained when first used.
- A maximum of one table or diagram or graph/chart (data presented in the form of a table is preferred)
- All tables must carry a title and be referred to in the text
- Tables must be formatted using horizontal lines only and avoiding the use of vertical lines to separate columns
- Graphs, charts and diagrams are positively encouraged within poster and oral presentations
- References must be in Vancouver style
- In summary, references must be numbered as superscripts consecutively in the text, and citations in the reference section must be formatted as follows:
- For journal articles: author(s) name(s) and initials (max 3 authors and 'et al'); title of the article; journal title; year; volume; first and last page. Journal names should be in full and not italicised.
- For books: author(s) name(s) and initial(s); editor if appropriate; title of book; place of publication; publisher; year.
Number of copies and submission
- The abstract must be submitted in full, incomplete submissions will not be accepted.
- The abstract must be submitted in electronic format only.
Each abstract will be judged on the stated objectives, methods, results, discussion, impact on patient care and whether the abstract follows the above guidelines.